Friday, January 14, 2011

Curry Rice Loaf


I found a recipe for Curry Rice Loaf a few days ago and as I love brown rice and know how much better it is for you than white, I gave it a try.

It took a wee while to make (because brown rice takes twice the time to cook as white) but its has a nice nutty flavour. It is an easy recipe but not quick. So, I'd say give yourself up to 2 hours from when you put the rice on the stove top to when it is ready to serve.

I substituted the sesame oil for a few spoons of Tahini since we are out of oil, and you can very easily make this dish vegan by using soya or rice milk. Next time I make it I might try using a can of Nutolene insted of the peanut butter and mixed nuts, just to see what it comes out like.

I'd be interested if anyone has any variations on this - comment below or email me if you do.

We had it served with Satay sauce and salad as suggested by Lou of blog Seaside Siblings. The recipe is here.

No comments: